- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs (Or use Egg replacer)
- ½ cup ube halaya (purple yam jam)
- 1 teaspoon ube extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1-2 tablespoons of Seven AM Coffee Syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, eggs, ube halaya, ube extract, and melted butter until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir gently until just combined. It's okay if there are a few lumps in the batter.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with melted butter.
- Ladle approximately 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, then flip the pancake and cook the other side until golden brown. Adjust the heat if necessary to prevent burning.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan as needed.
- Serve the Ube Pancakes warm, stacked on a plate. You can drizzle them with additional ube halaya or top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar if desired.
- Top with Coffee Syrup and enjoy your delicious homemade Ube Pancakes!
Note: This recipe incorporates the ube flavor using ube halaya and ube extract. If you prefer a stronger ube flavor, you can adjust the amount of ube extract according to your taste.